Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sunday Showcase - Hummingbird Feeder

At my old house I had 5 hummingbirds that shared my feeder. I use share lightly because hummingbirds are very territorial creatures and don't like sharing. If one was feeding and another approached, the first one would dive bomb the other to keep it away from the sweet nectar.

I hung my feeder at my new house but read it could take years before the hummingbirds found it. I lucked out and immediately had a hummingbird who spends a lot of time at the feeder. I named her "Heline" after my Mom. Mom loved hummingbirds.

One day I saw two hummingbirds at the feeder at the same time. I was surprised they weren't fighting for territorial rights. When I told Teresa about the hummingbirds, she named the other one "Juan". Now John and Celine are back with me enjoying my new home. This is Heline. She's usually out there every day. I have no idea where Juan spends his time!

No comments:

Post a Comment