Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Colorado Trip - Good and BAD!

I told Michele I'd love to come to Colorado and visit her but after we meet and have dinner, there isn't much left to do. So when I found out Courtney was making the trip to visit her parents, I decided to go.

Michele had us moving the whole time I was there. The first day was a presentation of Footloose at a local community theater. Being an avid Footloose fan, I was rather disappointed they focused more on the preacher aspect of the movie as opposed to the dancing. They made up their own words to songs - some of my favorites. I kept turning to Courtney and saying "that's not the right words" or "that's not how the movie went". Overall the production was very entertaining.

The next day we went paddle boarding. Courtney has done this before and is 30 years younger than me and Michele so I consider her a pro.

But Michele will try anything and was able to stand up.

Me, on the other hand, hung desperately to the board just praying I wouldn't fall into the freezing water.

The next morning I woke up early (like 3:30 early) and decided to head on home. About 2 hours from Aurora, I ran over some big rig tire debris which tore up the underside of my car taking out my entire cooling system. While my car is screaming at me to stop, I'm coasting down an exit in Burlington, CO, praying I get off the busy interstate.

What do you do when you're put in that situation? You call Jamie Taylor. As I was trying to explain what happened through my tears, Jamie was hooking up his trailer to come get me. I told him I was in Burlington to which he replied that it wasn't that far away. He was thinking Burlington, KS. When I said it was Burlington, CO, I think he started unhooking the trailer! After an 864 mile round trip, my car is safely at the dealership waiting to be repaired. It's going to be awhile before I head back to Colorado. Maybe next time I should consider flying!


No comments:

Post a Comment