Friday, September 3, 2021

Checking on the New House

Trish and I decided to check on the progress of my new house. The front door and the garage doors are installed but I remembered the last time I was there, the back door hadn't been installed.

Even though it had poured rain the day before, I decided to traipse through the mud to get in the house. Bad idea! Walking the 12 feet to the back door through the mud was like walking through quick sand. But after trudging for 6 feet, I was bound and determined to get in my house. The back door is only about 3 feet from the ground but when I tried to hoist myself up, my shoe got buried in the mud. So back down I went to retrieve the shoe. That wasn't my biggest problem. My feet and shoes were so caked with mud, I had to sit for several minutes scraping my feet so I could walk through the house and open the garage door to let Trish in.

I was so mad when I realized the garage door wasn't even locked. I swear I tried to open it before going to the back of the house but apparently I wasn't strong enough to open it or I didn't try hard enough.

Then it was up the make shift ladder to walk through the house. Needless to say it was a very comical evening. Still waiting for the drywall to be installed. Things seem to be going a bit slow right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment