Friday, April 23, 2021

Babysitting a 2 Year Old

Melissa had a doctor's appointment so it was my turn to watch Hazel. Violet and Lincoln were in school so there were no other things to entertain or distract her but me.

She's really very easy to watch. The only problem is her attention span is about 2 minutes so you have to keep changing things up. We started by taking all the dominos out of the drum then throwing them back in. When that fun wore out, I put the dominos between her toes. It took her quite awhile to shake them off into the drum.

Melissa's appointment ran late, so I let Hazel pick her own lunch. I opened the refrigerator and she picked turkey, cheese, grapes and Cheetos. For those grandmothers out there that might be reading this, if you let the child pick the food, pick their own plate, put their own food on the plate, it eats up quite a bit of time. Notice the ball in Hazel's arms? Michele brought this ball at Easter and Melissa forgot to take it home. I took it as an ice melter and Hazel wouldn't let it down...not even to eat. As much as I spent the day laughing, I'm now ready for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment