Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Vegas!

My friend, Debbie, had a conference in Vegas so Robin and I decided to tag along.
An early flight with these girls means you drink mimosas at 8:00 in the morning. I don't think I've ever stumbled off an airplane before but there's a first time for everything. After checking in and a quick stop to the outlet mall (which, by the way, was terrible) we went to the Christina Aguilera concert. I'm not that familiar with Christina's songs but I loved her in the movie Burlesque. I figured the concert would be somewhat similar to that. Was I disappointed. The stage was more of a warehouse type setting and her choreography was terrible. I think Violet could have done a better job. I left after a few songs.
I did get to see my friends from my Southern Caribbean cruise, Frank and Gloria.
Frank was surprised I wanted to watch the Chiefs game instead of gambling with Gloria. Again another disappointment - the Chiefs lost.
My last night I went to dinner with my independent VIP host, Joe, and Frank and Gloria. I walked from Planet Hollywood to Harrah's but decided to take the monorail back. After walking the length of Harrah's just to get to the train, then walking through Bally's (that was the closest stop) to get to the strip, then walking to Planet Hollywood, I could have saved myself $5 and just walked back. Needless to say the trip wasn't that great but at least I got away for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment