Friday, May 31, 2019

Violet's Last Day of School

What started as an exciting last day of school for Violet turned into a tearful ending.
Violet was all dressed up and excited about her last day as a kindergartner. Her hair was fixed. She had on her new clothes. Even Jamie was able to get home in time to take her to school.
I was at Melissa's at the required time to get in car line for that final last day of school pick up. I even had my camera ready to take a Snapchat of Violet skipping to the car. But instead she was in tears. She was so sad that she wasn't going to see her teacher again.
Even a trip to Menchie's for frozen yogurt couldn't cheer her up. I guess not all kids are wild about school being out for the summer. Maybe she realized she'd have to be home with Lincoln and Hazel and no longer have her quiet time at school.
On the other hand, I made the 2019 Mason Elementary School yearbook. This is the picture of me, Violet, Benton and his grandmother, Monica. I went to high school with Monica. Cheer up Violet. Before you know it summer vacation will be over and you'll be off to school as a first grader.

No comments:

Post a Comment