Sunday, April 21, 2019

Happy Easter

Having kids that don't work regular Monday through Friday, 9 to 5  jobs, makes it hard to plan holiday events. So when Michael called and pleaded for an Easter basket 2 days before Easter, I scrambled around to make a some what presentable Easter dinner.
This dinner turned out to be one of the best I've made. Just a little ham, potato salad, sweet potatoes and orange pudding jello salad.
While Michael and Jamie were hiding Easter eggs outside for an Easter egg hunt, I distracted Violet and Lincoln with a little art fun. Violet is making an Easter bunny hiding Easter eggs as is Lincoln!
As usual I bought way too much candy and not all the eggs would fit in one basket. I had to go inside and get plastic sacks for the excess.
Holidays are also a good time to get a few handyman jobs done around the house. I have a ceiling fan on my deck that the wasps took over as their new home. So Jamie and Michael replaced the fan with a simple light. Hopefully the wasp problem is solved.
Hazel isn't quite ready for Easter candy so she got a few new outfits and a package of diapers. I wonder when kids get older if they remember things like that. I'd hate to think that she missed out on all the candy and got diapers instead.
I did get to witness something I've never seen before. This is what happens when Jamie sits down in a chair. After taking 3 weeks off from work for paternity leave, I do believe he's ready to go back. I've always said child care was the most difficult job. I often wonder how Melissa does it without losing her mind.
My mind is jumbled with trying to think of the next holiday and make sure I'm more prepared. I need weeks to plan even the simplest of holidays. Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment