Sunday, June 24, 2018

New Lincoln MKZ

I've had the same car for 11 years so after 4 months of browsing, shopping, researching, considering, contemplating and negotiating, I finally bought a new 2018 Lincoln MKZ.
It's an ivory pearl metallic color with cappuccino leather interior. This car has so many features that it will take me another 11 years just to figure out how to use them all. One of my favorites is the panoramic sunroof. Almost like having a convertible.
The seats (front and back) are heated and cooled as well as the steering wheel. Right now I have the interior ambient light set on a purple color. See the purple light. There are 5 or 6 colors to choose from. I really need to look at this more at night.
Instead of a gear shifter on the console, there are buttons you push to put the car in drive, reverse, park, etc. The top button starts the car which has been extremely hard to get used to. You don't need a key to start the car. I sat in the garage for 5 minutes trying to get the car started before I realized you need to put your foot on the brake, then push the button for the car to start. Another of my favorites is the "memory" seat setting. So many times Michael would drive my car and adjust the seat. It would take me forever to get the seat to the setting I had before he got in it. Now the car remembers my setting.
There's also a feature where the car will practically drive itself. The steering wheel vibrates when you veer outside the white lines on a road and slows down when the car in front of you stops.  And don't get me started on letting the car parallel park itself. I've turned this feature off until I get used to the car.
There's even an app on my phone where I can remotely start the car, check for gas stations close by and check gas levels. What I really need is an app to tell me where I parked my car. Oh, wait, a minute! This app does tell you where your car is located. What will they think of next? Needless to say, I love this car. I've put a total of 20 miles on the car since I bought it and that includes the 15 miles it took to get home from the dealership. I've spent more time just sitting in it than driving it. Hopefully I'll get more comfortable with it before I have to make my first payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment