Monday, June 18, 2018

Adventure Oasis River Walk

I wanted to take an outdoor water aerobics class this summer but the only aerobics class offered by the City of Independence didn't start until 8:00 at night (that's almost my bedtime). But they did offer a River Walk class at Adventure Oasis - Independence's version of Ocean's of Fun.
I really didn't know what to expect on my first class. This nice lady explained you just walk with the current from this bridge, then you turn around and walk against the current to this bridge. So I got in and started walking with the current. When I got to the bridge, I turned around to walk against the current. Let me tell you, we're not talking about a raging river but I had a bit of difficulty trying to push my way up the river. River walking is open for an hour and a half each morning but after an hour I had to drag myself out. It's not a bad workout but I think I'd still prefer the aerobics class. I need more structure. Maybe I'll slip over there one night and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment