Thursday, March 29, 2018

New Kitchen & Living Room Remodel

It all started with a President's Day sale on a refrigerator.
I'd been to Nebraska Furniture Mart with Melissa and Jamie a few weeks before President's Day and saw this refrigerator. Well, not this refrigerator exactly but one similar to it. I started checking prices at different stores and when I saw the price had dropped $500 for President's Day, I couldn't pass it up.
Then the process began of tearing out the old tile, painting the kitchen, installing new blinds and lights, countertops, sink and tile. The only things that didn't get replaced were the cabinets and flooring.
I've got Jamie to thank for installing this beautiful glass, stainless and tile backsplash. At some parts, especially around the outlets, it was like putting together a jigsaw puzzle.
Michael installed new lights and blinds and moved appliances around so I could finish painting.
Everything thing turned out just as I imagined, down to the apples in the black wire bowl for the kitchen table.
While painting the opening over the kitchen sink, I got paint on the living room wall. I could either touch up with the old paint or refresh my living room with a new coat of paint. After staring at the walls for a week, I got my ladder back out and started painting. My ceilings are  10' high and no matter how much I tried to convince myself, I couldn't let go when I reached the top of the ladder to paint the top of the wall. So I painted all but a small strip at the top and had Michael come over to finish it off.
The grey color really modernizes my house.
Michael also installed new lights and ceiling fan. The ceiling fan is the same as the one in my bedroom and works off some type of transmitter. Somehow the fans communicate with each other so when you turn on the light/fan in the bedroom, the living room light/fan comes one. Oh well, another job for Michael when he can fit me in.
You could spend a fortune just on knick knacks for your home. I went looking for a picture for my wall. I found this metal artwork but was disappointed that it didn't have more red in it. The saleslady suggested I get some paint and a jar and put some red circles on the painting - which Michael and I did. I don't think even Picasso could tell the painting has been altered. I'm finished with inside remodeling for awhile. As soon as it stops raining, it's out to the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment