Tuesday, March 6, 2018

More Work on the Kitchen Remodel

Michael came over yesterday to help with my kitchen remodel. We moved the stove and took out the microwave in order to remove the rest of the backsplash tile. Although we put the stove back, the microwave went into the garage in anticipation of my new microwave. I don't often use the microwave so it shouldn't be a big loss while I wait for delivery of my new one on March 22. This also gave me the opportunity to clean behind the stove and paint the wall that never had a coat of paint on it. Michael kept telling me no one would see it, but I knew.
Then we pulled out the washer and dryer so I could paint the rest of the laundry room. While I painted, Michael hung new blinds.
These will really confuse Lincoln since he's into pulling the cords on blinds. These blinds are cordless. You just push or pull from the bottom to raise and lower the blinds.
Michael also hung my new lights. These are LED lights and have no bulbs. There's just tiny LED strips inside the fixture. They're beautiful and put out a lot of light. I just hope they last forever because there's no replacing a bulb. You have to replace the entire fixture and believe me, they're not cheap. Now it's back to hurry up and wait for the next part to be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment