Friday, October 13, 2017

Lunch with Aunt Pam and the Firemen

Melissa called this morning and said she was meeting Jamie's Aunt Pam for lunch and asked if I wanted to join them. After being in the house for the entire week, I thought this was a good opportunity to get out.
Melissa then let me know that Jamie was working at the fire station in Blue Springs and was going to join us. We were surprised when we saw the ambulance and fire truck pull into the parking lot.
While on vacation earlier this year, my friend and I stopped for lunch and she offered to pay for lunch for a young man in the military as a way to honor those in the service. I remember thinking what a nice gesture. So I decided to buy lunch for the entire Station 2 crew. It's ironic that we had lunch at Firehouse Sub. I'm also pretty lucky the subs are rather cheap. Cheap but good.
Luckily we made it through lunch without the guys being called out on an emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment