Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mother's Day Surprise

I decided I was going to pick up Violet from school and make a surprise gift for Melissa for Mother's Day.
Violet was so excited when I picked her up from school. I was supposed to pick her up a few weeks ago but plans changed and she cried when Jamie showed up instead of me.
I asked if she wanted to stop at McDonald's for lunch but she preferred Chick-Fil-A. Violet also informed me that her mother usually eats a salad and I should probably do the same. WHAT??????
I bought a bead kit for Violet to make Melissa a necklace and bracelet. There were gems and stickers to decorate each bead. Then you strung them together in a pattern of your choice. Violet was very intent on decorating each bead. 
She them laid them out and strung each bead. I had the biggest problem trying to figure out how to attach the connector. I should have let Violet do it.
Afterwards we wrapped the present. I told Violet that she had to wait until Sunday to give it to Melissa but she insisted that she wanted to give it to her today. Who am I to question an artist.
Before going home, I had a few errands to run. Even though the return line at Walmart had us waiting a few minutes, Violet was very patient knowing she was going to be able to pick out a surprise for her and Lincoln.

No comments:

Post a Comment