Friday, May 12, 2017

Michael & Ashley's Wedding Reception

Even though Michael and Ashley got married in Vegas a year ago, Ashley has always wanted a wedding reception.
It was a beautiful event and the Lake Shore Plaza was the perfect venue for pictures.
I was adamant about wearing fancy clothes and big girl shoes for my Mother/Son dance with Michael. But I ditched the shoes after 5 minutes. Besides hurting my feet as soon as I stepped out of the car, I was afraid the slick floors would cause me to fall.
I took full advantage of my dress up clothes, beauty shop hair and make up.
Michele and Bruce and Teresa and Brad came and we had so much fun taking pictures and dancing.
Even Violet did a little two stepping with Michele.
It isn't often that I get a picture of just Michael and Melissa.
Or just me and my kids even though Michael is photo bombing our picture.
The funniest part of the evening was right after Michael and Ashley cut their cake. Ashley didn't designate anyone to cut and serve cake so Michele and Teresa decided to help themselves. As soon as they approached the table, the mob swarmed the table and they ended up being the servers. Michele slipped away but Teresa was stuck.
All our outfits seemed to coordinate with the wedding theme which was great for Jamie. He didn't have to pay for an expensive photo shoot.
I don't very often have the opportunity to dress up and go out. Maybe things would be different if I wasn't ready to go to bed at 9:00 instead of partying the night away. Happy Anniversary, Michael and Ashley. We should do this again every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment