Tuesday, May 3, 2016

St Teresa's Academy Golf Classic

I mentioned in an earlier post that my new hobby is playing golf. After several trips to the driving range, my friend Regina invited Robin and I to play in St Teresa's Academy Golf Classic.
I'm usually a fair weather friend and golfing is no exception. The day was cold (50's) but at least it wasn't raining. We started out strong, not hitting very far but at least it was straight. I felt sorry for Regina's husband, our 4th player. He was stuck on a team with 3 other women. But Regina insisted he didn't mind coming in last place.
When we returned to the clubhouse, Robin and I were laughing so hard. I'm not sure whether it was because we were tired or just happy to be done. One man walked by and said we were having way too much fun. I told him to think that same way when they called our names for last place. He said there was no way we could be after him. Maybe we didn't do as bad as I thought. I had to leave before all the prizes were awarded to take Dad to dinner. I told Regina to call me if we won anything. I haven't heard from her since.

No comments:

Post a Comment