Sunday, October 11, 2015

Busch Stadium

As soon as I got home from my cruise I quickly packed warmer clothes and headed to St Louis to meet my friend Sam. He was in town from Florida for a conference so we decided to take advantage of the St Louis Cardinals playoff game against the Chicago Cubs.
Downtown St Louis is crazy during ball games. Instead of tailgating like they do at Kauffman Stadium, St Louis has Ballpark Village. All the fun of tailgating without the hassle of setting up your grill.
There is also a restaurant at the top of the Hilton called the 360 Rooftop Bar. I didn't think we'd even be able to get close to the hotel but we were early enough that we beat the crowd. This outdoor restaurant looks directly down into the stadium.
I was anxious to go into the stadium and explore. The views of St Louis from out seats were spectacular.
Even the Clydesdales took an extra lap around the stadium.
I started out a fan of the Cardinals but ended up a fan of the Cubs. I checked online for tickets to a World Series game in Chicago should the Cubs end up in competition with the Royals. But with tickets starting at $2,200 I think I'll wait until a regular baseball game next year. By the way, the Cardinals lost to the Cubs. Go Cubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment