Saturday, October 24, 2015

Blankets for Baby Lincoln

Creating and crocheting baby blankets is one of my favorite hobbies. When I made Violet's blanket almost three years ago, Melissa wanted it in shades of pink, white and grey. That worked out perfect since grey has become such a popular color for kids and I was able to find grey in baby yarn.
Lincoln's colors are navy, white and grey and NO ONE makes a baby yarn in navy. You'd think the yarn manufacturers would come out with more colors for baby yarn than the standard blue, green, yellow, pink, white and now grey. So I opted for a soft yarn that makes his blanket a bit heavier but at least I got the colors right. Lincoln's blanket is the one on the right. The other is a little larger and drapes over the rocker in his room for those cool nights when Melissa needs to rock him back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment