Friday, June 19, 2015

Quick Trip to Florida

Most of my friends still work and a couple of them go to several conferences a year. They ask me each time to meet up with them but my schedule never seems to fit with the time they are going. This time they had a conference in Orlando.
We rented a condo on the beach at New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona. What more could you ask for than a pool, the beach, sunshine and good friends.
But these ladies are constantly on the go. I had a hard time trying to keep up with them. My favorite was what Debbie called "geriatric" karaoke. This bar was packed at 7:00 in the evening with people lining up to sing their favorite song. I've known Debbie for almost 20 years and I've always heard she was a good singer but I've never heard her sing. When each person took their turn singing their song you could still hear a buzz of conversation going on in the bar. When Debbie got up to sing, I swear the place was completely silent. She sang the old Patsy Cline song "Crazy". If she were a few years younger I wouldn't be surprised to see her on American Idol.
But besides singing and dancing each night we did find time to spend relaxing time at the pool. We're already planning our trip back to the beach next summer. I wonder which town we'll terrorize this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment