Saturday, September 27, 2014

Oktoberfest in Lee's Summit

Yesterday I went with Melissa and Violet to Lee's Summit's version of Oktoberfest - more like an extremely small Santa-Cali-Gon Days.
We started off in front of the fire station where Jamie used to work. Firefighters are such friendly people. They had a vintage fire truck in front of the station just for show but because Jamie is a former Lee's Summit firefighter they broke the rules and allowed Violet to sit in it. I told one of the firefighters that if Violet broke anything I'd send Jamie over to fix it.
While we waiting for Melissa's friend's son to finish his art project on a t-shirt, Violet explored the steps of a vacant building. She has this fascination with steps. Then it was on to the hotdog stand where I broke my diet and had a hotdog which I've been craving.
Violet was in one of her moods where nothing could make her smile. Even her favorite, a balloon, wouldn't do the trick. I only stayed for an hour and a half but that was plenty of time to explore the few crafts on display. I guess I can check Lee's Summit's Oktoberfest off my bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment