Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Ah Mother's Day...that blissful time when Mother's all over the world get to rest and be pampered for the day. Yeah right. My day started with Jamie taking me, Melissa and Violet to IHOP for breakfast. Like every other family in Independence, the place was packed. Then it was home to do another quick load of laundry before I leave tomorrow for my trip to Florida.
I wanted to take a picture of me, Melissa and Violet each year. Violet's at the age where it's a little hard to get her to pose for a picture for too long of a time. But we managed to get a pretty good shot before she totally refused to take another picture.
I'm not very good at taking selfies but this one didn't turn out too bad.
Then it was off to Harrah's to have Mother's Day dinner with Michael.
Looks like Violet is pretty interested in reading Michael's Harrah's ID. Maybe that or she's trying to think of a way to snatch it when no one's looking.
Laura drove in after spending the night at Julie's and joined us.
This is Melissa's second Mother's Day of many, many, many more to come. She's a great Mom - must take after me!!!
Melissa has been taking pictures of Violet every month since she was born with a little Etsy sticker on her t-shirt showing her age. I saw an ad at WalMart no less for a photo collage fleece blanket and thought this would be an excellent present for Melissa for Mother’s Day. The baby Violet at the bottom of the blanket is actually Violet just in case someone might think the blanket had a little 3-D effect. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment