Thursday, May 22, 2014

Another Florida Vacation

Meanwhile I left Kansas City 10 days ago headed to Florida. The kids will be joining me in another week. After my last airplane trip that caused my ears to clog up for about a month, I decided to drive to Florida. I took my time driving stopping in Tunica and Biloxi. I escaped the cold weather in Kansas City hoping for warmer climates. I was extremely disappointed when I had cold temperatures and rain in both Tunica and Biloxi. Figures. But my last day in Biloxi was nice and I was able to spend a little time poolside.
My expectations of warm sunny weather were met when I arrived in Florida. So far the days have been full of sunshine. I rented a little cottage just a block from the beach. It's very nice, more like a studio apartment. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in my bedroom. But the bathroom is very large and the kitchen is nice. I brought my electric skillet thinking I'd prepare breakfast or dinner. But there's so many fun places to go out to eat that the skillet has been left untouched. I'm off to take a walk on the beach then decide where to go for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment