Friday, June 7, 2024

Sugar Creek Slavic Festival

Sugar Creek has been hosting a Slavic Festival for decades. Now in its 30th year, the Slavic Festival celebrates the Slavic culture that settled in Sugar Creek with music, food and dance. 

Poland is also a part of the Slavic nation and I've been wanting to go for years. When we walked up to the gate, it reminded me of my grandmother's kitchen. I was on the search for potato dumplings and cabbage but was disappointed when I couldn't find anyone serving it. I did try the pierogis (very mushy), the provitica (very dry) and the apple strudel which was great. I also tried a Kolache, a Czech sweet bread but I think they forgot to add the sugar. Again, wasn't very tasty. And don't get me started on the cabbage rolls...Pass!

I guess you can't go back to the way your Grandmother cooked. I'm still going next year and hoping to find something a little most tasteful.

No comments:

Post a Comment