Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Birthday #69 in the Books

Well it's official. I've entered the last year of my 60's.

And in the tradition of taking pictures in my birthday shirt, we were able to get a picture before heading out to Christmas in the park at Longview Lake.

Violet and Hazel stood up through the moon roof in my car and snapped about 100 pictures. My favorite was the giant birthday cake which I believe was commemorating my birthday.

Everyone still makes fun of my 40 year old "nursing home" jacket but it did come in handy when Hazel started getting cold while we drove through the park.

With 10 people we had to take 2 cars. I think we had the best car. Hazel had already buckled herself back in her car seat before this picture was taken.

I was also surprised with several birthday gifts. Michael gave me a set of wine glasses and a bottle of my favorite Pinot Grigio wine. (I may have given him a slight hint as to what I wanted.)

Hazel made me a beautiful birthday card.

Lincoln bought me a Travis Kelce flag for my garage she shed.

And Violet did something that almost made me cry. Many, many years ago I bought my Mother a needle point set and told her to work on it during the year and give it back to me the next Christmas when she finished. I had given Violet this latch hook rug kit for one of her birthdays. It was the cutest panda and I kept telling her I wanted it when she finished it. Well that's exactly what she gave me for my birthday. I will cherish it forever.

Happy Birthday to me. Do I feel older? Not today. Next year may be a different story!

No comments:

Post a Comment