Thursday, February 6, 2020

New Light Switch

Just when you think you're getting things knocked off your To Do list, something else happens. I've been packing for my cruise and when I went into the closet and flipped the light switch, the lights didn't come on. I knew it couldn't be the breaker because the bedroom light was on. I tried changing a light bulb even though I couldn't believe all 4 light bulbs would go out at the same time. Still no light. So I called my personal contractor, Jamie Taylor, and he said the switch was probably bad.
How smart can one person be. Sure enough a plastic piece had broken off and the black wire wasn't connected. I've changed many a light and plug switch in my day without turning off the power. But in my older years, I was afraid I might shake or accidentally touch the 2 wires together, so I turned off the breaker. Five minutes later, I had light! Such an easy fix if you know what to look for!

No comments:

Post a Comment