Thursday, August 1, 2019

Working the Polls

For some reason after the last election, I thought it might be fun to work the polls. So I decided to sign up.
A few days before the election, you have to attend a training class. Most of the people at the class had already worked a prior election, so everything went fairly fast. I was listed as a "standby judge" which meant I would only work in case someone didn't show up.
After the training class, I met Teresa for lunch. A little update, being a standby judge means you have to be ready at 5:00 in the morning just in case you get a phone call and be ready at any time during the day to go to a polling place. Even though I was up at 4:00 am and stayed near my phone the entire day, I never got called. Was this worth the $100 I'll get paid? I don't think so. I believe my days as a standby judge are over. Now if they assign me a definite job, I may reconsider!

No comments:

Post a Comment