Monday, January 1, 2018

Good Bye 2017

I wish I could paint a picture of 2017 like Michele did with her high seas European travels, hiking the Appalachian Train, or bike riding through beautiful National Parks. But instead my 2017 went something like this.
Went to Florida and came back to my house being flooded due to a leaking toilet costing me over $13,000 in repairs.
Went to Florida and having the torrential summer rainfalls destroy the rest of my basement.
Went to Florida and literally got kicked out due to Hurricane Irma. (Maybe I should stay out of Florida!)
But the silver lining is I got both bathrooms updated.
My basement now has a beautiful porcelain tile floor.
And I got a new set of Vera Bradley luggage.
So instead of feeling sorry for myself and spending New Year's Eve at home, I bought myself a new outfit and took Ashley to a steak and lobster dinner at Harrah's.
I didn't quite make it until midnight but at least I was out of the house. Good bye 2017. I hope 2018 brings lots of new and exciting adventures without the pitfalls and water hazards. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment