Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Another Florida Trip Ends in Disaster

I don't think going away on vacation has been in the cards for me this year. On my last trip to Florida, I came home to find my toilet had been leaking. This time mother nature wasn't very kind.
Getting away to the beach is at the top of most people's wish list. The great weather. The calming ocean waves. The sand you can sink your toes into.
And happy hour at great ocean front bars with friends. What more could you ask for?
But all this fun ended when I received an early morning text message from Melissa telling me her rental house had flooded again due to excessive rainfalls. Worrying about my own house, I quickly called Teresa and asked her to stop by and check my house on her way to work.
Not only was the water blocking her entry to my street, but the water had somehow seeped through to completely soak my basement carpeting.
So now my beautiful basement guest house is now back to concrete floors. I'm not sure how the water came through but I'm hesitant to replace the flooring until I can figure it out. I'm not hoping for another drenching of rain and it could be another 10 years before anything happens again. But for now I'm keeping my eyes glued to the basement next times it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment