Thursday, June 23, 2016

Starlight Theater Concert Series - Steely Dan & Steve Winwood

When I saw my cousin, Gary, a few months ago at a wedding, I mentioned I wanted to see Steely Dan in concert but that I couldn't find where he was touring. Gary is a huge music buff so I wasn't surprised when he called me a few weeks later to tell me Steely Dan was performing at Starlight Theater along with Steve Winwood - another of my favorites.
Every time I go to a concert, I keep thinking the songs will be just like the ones I have downloaded on my iPod. And, yes, I still use my iPod. But for some reason, bands believe that live appearances should be filled with showmanship and elaboration of already popular songs. Steve Winwood was great. Steely Dan was good, but didn't perform a lot of his most popular songs. Maybe my expectations are too high.

No comments:

Post a Comment