Monday, August 17, 2015

Missouri State Fair

I used to go to the Missouri State Fair every year when the kids were growing up. That's what people do when they live in Sedalia. This is the first year since I left Sedalia in 2001 that I went to the Fair.
And things haven't changed. The weather was hot and sunny.
I remember the corn dogs tasting a bit better but it could have been my younger tastes.
Poor Melissa is now lugging around a toddler while being 6 months pregnant.
But they have taken one building and made it a play room for kids ages 1 through maybe 12? Perfect for someone Violet's age plus the building was air conditioned. Sure beats the children's barnyard we just left.
There still isn't too many places to sit but that didn't discourage Violet. She's at that age where she loves to play in the dirt.
Violet is still a bit young for most of the rides since she's either too small and afraid or Jamie's too big. She always likes the carousel but this one went around really fast. It was hard to catch a picture and of course when it stopped, Jamie and Violet were on the other side.
I don't know how I used to spend my time most of the 10 days the fair was in town. Towards the end I would just go into the fair, buy my funnel cake, corn dog and cinnamon roll and go back home. But as Violet gets older and baby boy Taylor joins our group, I may be going more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment