Monday, March 17, 2014

The Joys of Raising Children

I believe raising children is a lot like child birth. Many years from now you'll only remember the good times. Such is the case when I met one of Melissa's friends this weekend at Violet's birthday party. Angela decided to bring her 2 boys to the party despite the fact her husband was unavailable to attend. Angela has two boys, Mason - 3 years old, and Reed - 1 year old.
From the time Angela entered the clubhouse until she left, she was chasing after one of her boys. I laughed when I saw her trying to juggle two plates of food and corral two boys while going through the buffet line. I wasn't that cruel that I didn't offer to help her. She was then frantically searching for Mason who was under the cake table silently eating a cupcake. The next time I saw her she was behind the gift table trying to rewrap gifts that Mason had opened. She finally gave up and said her good-byes. As I glanced out the front door I saw her racing through the parking lot carrying Reed while chasing after Mason. When I finally caught up with her I took Reed as he was slipping down her leg.

Hang in there Angela. They do get older and listen a little better - or at least you think they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment