Friday, July 12, 2013

Basement Remodel Update

Work is progressing on the basement. The second coat of paint for the walls will be applied today and tomorrow. The electrician is coming Monday to complete his work and hang all the fixtures and the carpet is being laid Wednesday. That will give me about 30 days before Melissa, Jamie and Violet move in.



The top picture is the kitchen area, then the bath, bedroom and east wall. I was out of town when construction began and the noisy part of nailing studs and drywall was complete before I got home. But the noise couldn't have been worse than the smell of the lacquer for the trim. The first night I got a room at Harrah's. The second night I got up in the middle of the night and opened a window. Luckily it was a cool night. There's still a faint odor lingering but nothing like those first few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment