Friday, February 1, 2013

Afghans - Baby Violet

I taught myself to crochet about 25 years ago while recuperating from surgery. Since then I've made an abundance of afghans for weddings, graduations and baby showers. Each one is unique to the person and the occasion. As soon as I knew Melissa was having a girl, I started working on a series of afghans for our Baby Violet.



The first was a baby afghan using a Mile A Minute design. My intention was to match the grey circles of the crib sheet pattern.


 
 
I wanted Melissa to have an afghan to cover up with while she rocked her new baby. I stayed with the color scheme of pink, white and grey but went with a popular chevron (or ripple) pattern.
 
 
 
I then decided that I needed a baby afghan for the times Baby Violet came to spend time with her Grandmother. Again, staying with the color scheme, I created a diagonal pattern.
 
All the pictures are taken in the baby's room. Each day there are more things added to the room that I sometimes wonder if there will be room when Baby Violet arrives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment